• State-of-the-art TACAN Antenna enables excellent coverage performance
• Vertical gain pattern optimized for distant aircraft with high gain on the horizon
• Unique modulation technique provides unusually high efficiency
• Innovative mechanical design supports easy field maintenance
• COTS FAA flight-tested product
• The 900E Electronically Scanned TACAN Antenna is a state-of-the-art design that features high efficiency (low internal RF power loss), high gain at low elevation angles, and very low gain below the horizon, resulting in exceptional coverage performance at sites with long cable runs or difficult terrain.
• The 900E Antenna is a COTS product that has been sold to several overseas customers and has been successfully flight tested by the FAA.
The dBs 900E ESTA is a Low Power TACAN (Tactical Air Navigation) Antenna intended for use with the FA-9996 and other TACAN beacon equipment located at VORTAC sites. It is designed to replace existing TACAN Antennas which have reached the end of their economical service life, and in the process, provide a TACAN Antenna which has greater reliability, ease of maintenance, and requires substantially less power to operate than previous TACAN Antennas. In addition, the dBs 900E is an all-frequency antenna which operates on all DME and TACAN channels without tuning or adjustment.
Built in Test (BIT) assures the user that all antenna electronics are fully functional (which by itself is an excellent indicator of the overall RF pattern health of the antenna). The 900E also includes a cantilevered lightning arrester assembly, which provides a 45° cone of protection over the antenna.
The dBs 900E TACAN is the FAA flight-tested TACAN Antenna chosen by the United States Air Force to replace all existing 120+ USAF TACAN installations worldwide.
dB Systems Inc. offers TACAN repair and TACAN refurbishment at our facility. Contact us for a quotation.