- State-of-the-art TACAN antenna enables excellent coverage performance
- Vertical gain pattern optimized for distant aircraft with high gain on the horizon
- Unique modulation technique provides unusually high efficiency
- Innovative mechanical design supports easy field maintenance
- COTS FAA-flight-tested product
- The 900E electronically scanned TACAN antenna is a state-of-the-art design that features high efficiency (low internal RF power loss), high gain at low elevation angles, and very low gain below the horizon, resulting in exceptional coverage performance at sites with long cable runs or difficult terrain.
- The 900E antenna is a COTS product that has been sold to several overseas customers and has been successfully flight tested by the FAA.
The dBs 900E ESTA is a Low Power TACAN (Tactical Air Navigation) antenna intended for use with the FA-9996 and other TACAN beacon equipment located at VORTAC sites. It is designed to replace existing TACAN antennas which have reached the end of their economical service life and, in the process, provide a TACAN antenna which has greater reliability, ease of maintenance, and requires substantially less power to operate than previous TACAN antennas. In addition, the dBs 900E is an all-frequency antenna. Meaning, the dBs 900E operates on all DME/TACAN channels without tuning or adjustment.
Built in Test (BIT) assures the user that all antenna electronics are fully functional (which by itself is an excellent indicator of the overall RF pattern health of the antenna). The 900E also provides a second level of monitoring, which is a true radiated field monitor (optional), and is located inside the cantilevered lightning arrester/monitor antenna assembly.